Laurindo De Abreu Soto is a sculptor with a background in Design and Fine Cabinet Making, living and working in Brisbane. Laurindo was born in Venezuela, of mixed heritage (Spanish and Portuguese).
Following his studies in Zen Buddhism, he arrived in Australia on his way to Japan in 1987.
Australia has provided Laurindo with a fertile ground to continue exploring his ideas in sculpture using a variety of materials and techniques. His aesthetics have been influenced by his studies in eastern philosophies, such as Adveita Vedanta, Zen Buddhism and Taoism.
• Queensland Art Gallery
• Moreton Bay Regional Council
• Mr L. W. Chan, Taipei, Taiwan and Brisbane, Australia.
• Australian Ikebana Centre, Bundall, Gold Coast
• Pine Rivers Shire Council
• Mr and Mrs Ben-David, Private Collection, Jerusalem, Israel.
• Arkhe Field Architects, Brisbane
• The Queensland Electricity Board Collection
• Red Hill Gallery, Brisbane
• Retrospect Galleries, Byron Bay
• Lorraine Pilgrim Gallery, Gold Coast
2008 David Longlands Building Brisbane
2005 Millennium Toy, Surfer’s Paradise, Gold Coast
2003 Greenslopes Hospital, “Mateship” Greenslopes, Brisbane
2002 Margate Foreshore – “Seaside Gallery” Redcliffe Council
2001 120 Edward St Building – “Sundial” Brisbane
2000 Techno Fossils, Roma St Parklands Project, Brisbane
1997 Merthyr Village Shopping Centre, New Farm Brisbane