||Acrylic on canvas
In 1860 Ben Hall leased a cattle run of 16,000 acres near Forbes, at Sandy Creek, with John McGuire, who was married to Bridget’s sister. This is a highly significant location, as it represents the place where, abandoned by Bridget (Biddy) and easily influenced by Gardiner and Gilbert, he turned to a life of crime. The 640 head of cattle were neglected and the house was burnt down by the police, at the request of the owner. It had become a gathering place for lawbreakers.